From Engineering Client Portal
First-time SDK Installations
Below are the requirements and steps to use the Nielsen SDK to measure live AM/FM streams in your app or web player. For measurement of On Demand Audio or Podcasts, please see the section for DCR Podcasts in Digital.
- Complete the Prerequisites (below)
- Register Stations and Metadata
- Insert the Nielsen SDK API calls in your web player, IOS app, or Android app. Reference the appropriate Technical Guides below.
- Install Nielsen Privacy Requirements
- Complete a Production License with your Nielsen Account Representative
- Obtain Nielsen Certification (app testing)
- Deploy your app using production app identifiers
To start using the Nielsen App SDK, you need the following
- Nielsen App SDK bundle: downloadable package that includes the SDK library and sample apps available here: Digital Downloads
- Application ID: Unique ID assigned to your mobile app or player by the Nielsen TAM to track your app. Your app will pass this ID to the SDK API during startup
If you need help with any of these prerequisites, please contact your Nielsen Technical Account Manager (TAM) or your Nielsen account Representative.
Register Stations and Metadata
Submit a list of your applications and station identifiers to your TAM so that he or she can check that the identifiers are registered with the Nielsen Radio Station Database and are in the correct format for your stations to receive complete credit.
SDK Updates for Digital Audio
Nielsen suggests you use the latest SDK version to stay updated with Nielsen defect fixes, manufacturers' security updates, and operating system requirements. Instructions for updating from a previous version of the SDK are here: Updating the SDK to a New Version
Technical guides provide instructions for inserting the Nielsen SDK API calls in your audio application.
|SDK / API||OS||Guide|
||Digital Audio iOS SDK|
||Digital Audio Android SDK|
||Digital Audio Browser SDK (4.0)|
||Digital Audio Metadata|
|Digital Measurement Onboarding|
|Digital Measurement Interruption Scenarios|
|Digital Measurement Testing|
|Digital Measurement FAQ|