DCR Static Lite Browser SDK
From Engineering Client Portal
DCR Static Lite <Page Measurement> allows clients to measure the time spent by users on static content (in focus). Unlike Video measurement, the Static Lite <Page Measurement> does not require a configuration file.
- The cadence of the View and Duration pings for DCR Static Lite is same as Video content. (View ping when content is loaded completely and Duration ping every 5 minutes following that).
- View ping gets triggered when content is loaded completely and Duration ping every 5 minutes following that irrespective of the page being in focus (duration is calculated by c27 param for the amount of time user is on the page)
DCR Static Lite <Page Measurement> is a compact version of DCR Static <Page Measurement> with the following primary differences.
|Static <Page Measurement>||Static Lite <Page Measurement>|
|Requires a configuration file.||Does not require a configuration file.|
|Duration ping cadence is every 30 minutes.||Duration ping cadence is every 5 minutes.|
To start using the App SDK, the following items are required:
|☑||App ID (appid)||Unique ID assigned to the player/site and configured by product.||Contact Nielsen|
DCR Static Lite Implementation
To implement DCR Static Lite <Page Measurement>, only a single script tag reference is required on the page. Static Lite will automatically initialize and handle pings once the page loads completely.
Append the parameters as hashbang URL parameters, starting with a hash (#) in place of a query string (?).
- The use of hashbang parameters provides the ability for the browser to cache DCR static script file as hashbang parameters are not sent to the server when requesting for the file.
Below is an example of a DCR static <script> tag.
with HTTPS URL
<script async src="https://seccdn-gl.imrworldwide.com/novms/js/2/nlsDcrLite510.min.js#nol_sfcode=dcr&nol_ci=AB-XXXXXX&nol_apid=TXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX&nol_assetname=My_assetname&nol_apn=My_AppName&nol_ad=0&nol_vc=b02&nol_devid=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX&nol_segA=NA&nol_segB=NA&nol_segC=NA"></script>
with HTTP URL
<script async src="http://cdn-gl.imrworldwide.com/novms/js/2/nlsDcrLite510.min.js#nol_sfcode=dcr&nol_ci=AB-XXXXXX&nol_apid=TXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX&nol_assetname=My_assetname&nol_apn=My_AppName&nol_ad=0&nol_vc=b02&nol_devid=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX&nol_segA=NA&nol_segB=NA&nol_segC=NA"></script>
It is recommended to include the "async" attribute in the script tag to asynchronously load the script and allow the DOM to continue processing. This provides a non-blocking loading of DCR static, providing better page load performance and minimal affects to additional scripts or page processing.
The parameters for the script tag are defined below. These parameters will automatically be loaded into DCR Static Lite once the page is loaded completely. These are the only parameters supported by the tag.
|nol_sfcode||Location of collection environment.||Yes||Nielsen||dcr|
|nol_ci||Brand level aggregation||Yes||Nielsen||My_ClientID|
|nol_apid||UniqueID assigned to player/site.||Yes||Nielsen||PXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX|
|nol_assetname|| Section of each site (e.g. section value should be first
level in page URL: website.com/section). Limit to 25 unique values
|nol_apn||User-defined string value for describing the player/site.||Yes||Client||My_AppName|
|nol_vc||Sub-brand level aggregation||Yes||Client||VCID|
|nol_segA||Segment A custom segment for reporting||No||Client||NA|
|nol_segB||Segment B custom segment for reporting||No||Client||NA|
|nol_segC||Segment C custom segment for reporting||No||Client||NA|
The values passed through the Nielsen keys will determine the breakouts that are seen in reporting. The custom segments (A, B & C) will roll into the sub-brand. To not use custom segments A, B and C, do not pass any value in these keys.
Aggregation Limits There are limits on the number of unique values that can be aggregated on in reporting. The specific limitations by key are:
|section||Maximum of 25 unique values (section <= 25)|
|segA||Maximum number of unique values allowed across segA, segB, and segC is 25 (segA + segB + segC<= 25)|
|segB||Maximum number of unique values allowed across segA, segB, and segC is 25 (segA + segB + segC<= 25)|
|segC||Maximum number of unique values allowed across segA, segB, and segC is 25 (segA + segB + segC<= 25)|
Advanced Tag Implementation
DCR Static Lite ensures that clients have a prior knowledge of the values for the parameters, they also offer the option of dynamically binding these parameters to the script tag.
Below is an example of how to bind Dynamic Parameters to the script tag.
In the HTML <head> section of each page, add the script snippet as shown below.
Note: This tagging is an alternative way of dynamically passing parameters to Static Lite in replacement of the standard <script> tag implementation.
Nielsen Measurement Opt-Out Implementation
- As a global information and measurement leader, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the data we collect, process and use. Our digital measurement products are not used to identify the consumer in any way, but they help us and our clients measure and analyze how consumers engage with media across online, mobile and emerging technologies, and offer insights into consumer behavior.
- When the user wants to opt in or opt out of Nielsen measurement, a new dynamic page (with content similar to http://secure-us.imrworldwide.com/nielsen_app_optout.html should be displayed.
- For more details, refer to Browser SDK API Reference - Browser Opt-Out Implementation and Nielsen Digital Privacy.
After the website is ready to be sent for Nielsen Certification, please go through the Pre-Certification Checklist and ensure the webpage behaves as expected, before submitting to Nielsen.