Digital Measurement Onboarding
From Engineering Client Portal
Steps to Release a Nielsen-enabled Application
The procedure to deploy a Nielsen-enabled player application into production comprises of five steps, as mentioned below.
Step 1: Client Onboarding
- Client contacts Nielsen Client Service representative.
- Nielsen Client Team helps the client identify the most suitable product / implementation (DCR / DTVR / DAR etc.) and Implementation type.
- Nielsen Client Team provides the pre-requisites for the integration and the downloads needed.
Step 2: Submit details and Download SDK
Following are the steps that the client should follow to download the required SDK package.
- Visit the Downloads section of this site.
- Click the Download SDK button.
- Fill-in the basic user details and select the Nielsen Service that you subscribe to.
- Submit the details to view the License Agreement for downloading the SDK.
- The details are submitted to Nielsen Technical Account Manager (Nielsen TAM)
- Read through the terms of agreement. Click I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF AGREEMENT button to accept the terms.
- The subsequent page will provide the links to download the SDK and the time-stamped copy of the license agreement (in PDF).
- Download the required SDK (iOS / Android / Browser) and Release Notes.
- Based on the details received from the client, Nielsen TAM performs the following checks and assigns an App ID for each application or website, and an sfcode to the client.
- Whether all third-party vendors (transcoding, encoding, etc.) listed are certified by Nielsen (if applicable)
- Whether the CMS variable mapping for data is correct / valid
Step 3: Integration
- Develop the player application and integrate the SDK. Set the appid, the application name (appname), and assign a software version (appversion) to the application.
- Nielsen TAM will provide support for any queries, troubleshooting etc. related to SDK.
- Once the player application is developed with the SDK integrated, complete the Pre-Certification Checklist provided by Nielsen TAM and submit along with the application for certification.
Step 4: Certification
The certification process can take anywhere from 4 to 10 business days, depending on the app/website complexity and products being implemented.
- Nielsen TAM performs sanity testing before submitting the application to Nielsen QA team.
- Nielsen QA team will perform the required testing.
- Upon QA sign-off, the player application will be certified and client will be notified that they are able to launch the app/website to production.
Step 5: Go Live
- Ensure your App Store description is updated with a disclaimer informing users of Nielsen measurements.
- Nielsen will perform post-launch data validations and inform clients of any discrepancies.