Digital Measurement iOS Artifactory Guide
From Engineering Client Portal
The Nielsen AppSDK can either be downloaded directly or integrated with a supported Dependency Manager.
Nielsen SDK Dependency Managers for iOS
The Nielsen SDK currently supports three different dependency managers.
- CocoaPods - a dependency manager for Swift and Objective-C Cocoa projects. It has over 30 thousand libraries and is used in over 1.9 million apps.
- The Dynamic Framework which requires Cocoapods Version 1.6.1 or higher.
- The Static Framework requires Cocoapods version 1.4.0. or higher.
- Carthage - a simple dependency manager for macOS and iOS, created by a group of developers from GitHub. Carthage is intended to be the simplest way to add frameworks to your Cocoa application. Carthage builds your dependencies and provides you with binary frameworks, but you retain full control over your project structure and setup. Please note: Carthage does not automatically modify your project files or your build settings.
- The Swift Package Manager is available as a part of the Xcode application for MacOS. We recommend to use the Xcode version 12.x with Swift 5.3 that is the minimum required version of Swift with binary dependencies support. Apple Xcode can be downloaded and installed using Mac App Store application or from the Apple web site (https://developer.apple.com/account) in the Downloads section.