From Engineering Client Portal
The NWE-3GA is the ideal solution for inserting Nielsen Watermarks into the audio for television programming. The timestamp structured watermarks make use of the “SID” (Source Identifier), which is a serial number used by Nielsen and the television industry to uniquely identify program content, to ensure proper crediting of viewing.
The NWE-3GA accepts an SDI input (3 Gb/s, 1.5 Gb/s, or 270 Mb/s) and 4 AES3 digital audio inputs. It applies the watermark to up to 16 PCM audio channels selected from the 16 embedded and 8 AES channels. Embedded audio signals that are watermarked are re-embedded into the same location in the SDI output. AES audio signals that are watermarked are re-encoded into the same AES output.
The module can be configured to support a variety of audio configurations, from a single stereo pair up to two 5.1 surround groups and two stereo pairs. The NWE-3GA includes a video frame delay to ensure proper audio-video synchronization. The rear connector module provides relay bypass of the video and AES signals, allowing the NWE-3GA module to be inserted or extracted without interrupting the program path.
The timestamp included in the watermark data can be synchronized to either SMPTE 12M LTC (both balanced and unbalanced inputs are provided) or network time obtained by the frame from an NTP server.
Nielsen Watermarks NWE – 3GA Encoder Flow Diagram
- 3GHz video path with bypass relay protection Handles all popular SD and HD video formats, up to 1080p/59.97
- 4 AES3 paths with bypass relay protection
- Transparent to VANC and HVANC data
- Both video and audio are delayed by one video frame time (two frames for 59.97Hz progressive formats)
- Up to 5 NWE-3GA modules can be installed in a single 2RU frame; alternatively, 1 NWE-3GA can be installed with up to 16 other cards
- RS232 port for external / automation control and monitoring
- Dashboard control with selectable alarming on video, audio and time inputs
- 5-year transferable warranty
- NWE-3GA User Manual
- NWE-3GA QuickStart Guide
- NWE-3GA Release Notes v126.96.36.199 (New!)
- NWE-3GA Release Notes v2.1.20
- Encoder Installation and Configuration Policy