Engineering Portal Digital iOS SDK API Reference stop
Stops measurement progress. Call
stop in following situations.
- When user initiates content pause and the content can be resumed from the same position.
- When current content is changing, such as a channel change (Call
stop on current content and call play & loadMetadata on new content).
- When content is interrupted by external app or process (phone call, Network loss + empty buffer, power / standby activated, alarm).
- When an ad ends
- Anytime when whole screen is occluded (for video content)
- Norway Market-specific: It is very important that the SDK calls
stop followed with
end after a channel/ stream change.
|Output Parameters (Return value)
- It is very important that the application calls stop whenever necessary.
- In case of a missing
stop call, App SDK identifies the change to next play and inserts a
stop call (functionally in the background). This allows the downstream systems to track the